Friday, February 19, 2010

An appropriate evaluation of PULP

so after last night I was spent and couldn't really work on an appropriate evaluation since it took from when I got home to just before I went to sleep to get the video uploaded. So now I will give an honest critique of my piece, PULP. and while I can't evaluate on all of the critea from the Blog Update and Critique handout, I will still give a few words on it.

I can't really say it's a good piece (being fair to myself it is my first), but I am proud of it. I think one of the best shots in the film is the opening shot and the closing shot of the two boxers standing in the ring boxing them out from the rest of the masses. Making there strife and struggle to defeat one another an isolated incident only to be pervayed and enjoyed by the masses. which is what the entire film is about, violence being used as a form of entertainment. While we as a society or culture normally would never condone violence as an enjoyable thing there is still a great facination with the idea of watching people beat themselves to a pulp and to add on to that even enjoy it. Possibly it's human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment